3D Girls, Inc. Program Impact Model
Why Do Girls Matter?
- 1.4 billion People living in poverty across the globe; seventy percent are women and girls.
- 7.5 million Women in America live in extreme poverty.
- The highest increase of women living in extreme poverty was recorded in 2010 by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- More than 40% of U.S. women heading households are living in poverty.
Why Do Girls Need Mentors?
- Depression trends among adolescent females are higher than boys.
- Girls think about and attempt suicide more than boys.
- Girls are more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.
- Female adolescents are more likely to be dissatisfied with their body image and use unsafe behaviors to lose weight.
Girls are confronted with barriers and difficulties that pose major risks to their healthy development that are different from boys. Providing opportunities for girls to educate, empower and advocate for themselves increases the possibilities of successful development. In order to develop healthy relationships with others, 3D Girls, Inc. teaches the girls in our programs the importance of identity through its mission of effective mentoring. Effective mentoring speaks to our model of intentionally working one-on-one with girls to help them realize their potential. We understand that a girl having a strong sense of who she is and her purpose impacts her wellbeing. Our organization has three programs that supports and mentors girls from various demographics and leads them towards a positive path of development.